This Page

has been moved to new address

Kiehl's Mineral Mascara is Marvelous & Beautiful

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
DALY BEAUTY: Kiehl's Mineral Mascara is Marvelous & Beautiful

Mar 3, 2011

Kiehl's Mineral Mascara is Marvelous & Beautiful



One of my pet peeves with mascara is thick clumpy mascara that looks fake and make-up-y. I am a lover of soft and natural make up, more so as I get older. I like my lashes to look dark, and perhaps a bit longer than they are naturally. Not thick, spidery, uber black and clumpy. Actually, that look is a pet peeve of mine…shall we bring KK and Eva Longoria out as witnesses for the prosecution? UGH.


KK at the 2011 Oscars
Eva at the 2011 Grammys
Thankfully, my lovely, wise and make up obsessed stylist Katarina told me about Kiehl's Marvelous Mineral Mascara. She is a natural beauty and has gorgeous lashes that are so pretty you would never even guess she is wearing mascara. My older daughter loves big lush lashes and counts Diorshow as one of her faves so her and I have fairly different criteria for our mascara, but, she wanted to try the Kiehl’s as well. As well, I have to have a waterproof/long wearing mascara as my oily skin turns all eye make up into raccoon eyes. Whereas she likes something easy to remove as she often wears contact lenses and hates the oily remover necessary to take off waterproof eye make up. So, I kind of though one of us would like it, but the chances of both of us loving it were slim. Wrong! We both love it! It is light enough and long wearing enough for me, yet dark enough and easy enough to remove for her. Not sure how that works or is even possible but yay!


It is so natural it almost doesn’t feel like anything is going onto your lashes. But, wait. They are darker and longer, yet not goopy or clumpy. It is gentle, has no scent and does not appear, so far, to irritate either one of us. It has a silky smooth texture, but not watery. I’d almost call it magical, because I feel like I’m putting nothing on my lashes yet they look better after I apply it. We use the black formula and it is a true black without being too dark or matte, but it also doesn’t look wet. Perhaps waxy is a good word? Whatever it is, it is amazing and is officially my new Favourite Mascara. The fact that it is paraben free and full of moisturizing jojoba oil and acai is a bonus. It uses “minerals that are pulverized into a very fine powder to impart a smooth and even application” which I imagine contributes to the delicate texture of the product and the gorgeous subtle colour. All in all, it is a win.


I got my Kiehl’s Marvelous Mineral Mascara at the Kiehl’s counter at Holt Renfrew for $24. It sells for $16 in the US so when I’m on holiday this month I plan to stock up- especially considering the Canadian dollar is stronger than the US dollar right now. 

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At March 3, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Laura J said...

KK's eyelashes have always really scared me! She is gorgeous but her eyelashes mimic a tarantula:(
I will def give this mascara a try as I love soft lovely lashes:)
xo
LJ
http://jonesyloves.blogspot.com/

 
At March 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Daly Beauty said...

I totally agree! Such a beautiful woman & such tragic make up...that "Porn Star" make up look is just bad....I hope you like the Kiehl's Mascara, I'm wearing it right now & am still amazed at how silky and soft it is :)

 
At March 4, 2011 at 8:37 PM , Blogger DivaDebbi said...

Sold!!! Sounds dreamy Jane!!!

Definitely my next Mascara purchase. I often cheap out on mascara, mainly because I don't love the higher end mascaras enough to justify paying at least twice as much. (currently getting clean, long lashes with L'Oreals Voluminous Million Lashes). This however, sounds splurge worthy!

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for sharing!

xox,
DD

 
At March 4, 2011 at 10:12 PM , Anonymous Tracy@Beauty Reflections said...

I'm loving Kieh'ls Tinted Moisturizer right now, and was wondering about the mascara, so thanks for the review!

 
At March 6, 2011 at 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tested this awhile ago and passed it by for some reason - i think it smudged, maybe? but now you've totally peaked my interest in giving it another try! i hate when my lashes *feel* like i've got mascara on. thanks for reviewing :)

 
At March 6, 2011 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Daly Beauty said...

Debbi- I do hope you like it as much as I do. My daughter says it is easy to build as well...
Tracy- I must try the KIehl's TM! Just adore this line. Hope you like the mascara!
theglossarie- The Kiehl's mascara will smudge if I rub my eyes hard, but not with normal wear. Let me know if it works for you!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Maureen @ Modecor said...

I wear what was onec called 'kiss me"...goes on in tubes and does not come off at all until i wash it off. Is Kiehl's a similar product.? I hate having the mascara smear under and over my eyes like other mascara tends to leave.

 
At June 22, 2011 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Daly Beauty said...

Maureen- I love the Kiss Me Mascara! So long lasting. Sometimes I find it irritates my eyes and can be a bit dry at times but it is amazing. I like it in the summer more than winter. Perfect for swimming!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I have short, straight and blond eyelashes. I currently use Diorshow iconic mascara with an Estee Lauder primer. After I curl my eyelashes some mascaras are too wet and the curl comes right out. I like that the Dior mascara is easy to come off but it sometimes smudges above my eyes. I wonder if this one would work for me?

 
At July 3, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Daly Beauty said...

Lisa- You should give it a try. I would also recommend you try RapidLash eyelash conditioner at night. My lashes are much thicker & longer than they used to be. I find I can get away without mascara often!

 

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home