This Page

has been moved to new address

Beachy Waves Video Tutorial!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
DALY BEAUTY: Beachy Waves Video Tutorial!

Jul 11, 2012

Beachy Waves Video Tutorial!

Sharpen your pencils, kiddies!


Well, you asked for it, and you got it! I did a video tutorial for the beachy waves I posted here. Please excuse the editing- my editor, also known as my 16 year old daughter, is away at summer camp. Seriously- don't laugh. I hope the video is helpful, but please feel free to ask me about anything that is not clear, or that I may have missed. Happy styling!


Note the hair is much less "big"...

Back view

It is super easy, just don't over style, over do or over think it, and you will be awesome. Above are some photos taken the day after the video, after sleeping on the waves, to show that the volume tones down.





The products I used in this tutorial are linked below:




Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At July 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Elisa said...

Well, I just cut all my hair off into a little bob, which is a fun change but this video made me miss my long hair. Before I cut it I had been experimenting with applying volumizing mousse when it was damp, then letting it air dry. It worked pretty well, but I didn't get the same level of separation as you. Will try these tips in six months or so!

 
At July 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Blogger 20 YORK STREET said...

Is this the same photo you now have as your profile pic in Twitter Jane?

The one that I was crazy about? You look soooo gorgeous and just dreamy in those beachy waves!
I don't know if mine will do that as I have super straight only one direction Asian hair!

=)



oxo,

ML
TWENTY YORK STREET
Follow @20YS on Twitter : @20YS
Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET

 
At July 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

I can't get over how great your hair is!

 
At July 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Daly Beauty said...

You can still do beachy waves in a bob! Ah, we cut our hair, we grow our hair. I think I am going to do more comprehensive post on curling creams for hair....

 
At July 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Daly Beauty said...

Thanks!!!

 
At July 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Daly Beauty said...

Caroline, thank you so much!

 
At July 13, 2012 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Elisa said...

The first day I let the bob air-dry, it didn't look so hot, but I'm not sure if it's just too short right now or if I need to experiment with products. Soon I will try putting some product in and doing the finger-wave-twist thing!

 
At July 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Hi Jane, Your hair looks lovely! What is the name of your curling tool and where were you able to find it?

 
At July 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Daly Beauty said...

It is a TIGI curling stick, & there is a link to the TIGI site in the links I added above! Hope that helps :)

 
At July 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Daly Beauty said...

The twisting is key! I find it really helps. Your bob must be adorable! And when it grows out, your hair will be so healthy!

 
At July 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous RusticDove said...

Hi Jane! I finally had a chance to watch this tutorial. It was posted while I was away, and I don't like watching videos on my phone. Anyway, this was extremely helpful and thanks so much for the tips! I have been on a long hair kick (I recently cut 9 inches off and my hair is still quite long to give you an idea of how crazy long it was!), and I'm always looking for new ways to wear my hair when I don't have it in a braid or a twist and want to wear it down. I must get one of those TIGI curling sticks - I just hope I can master the technique and not be all thumbs with it. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home